1. Introduction and Agreement to these Terms of Service
Welcome and thanks for your interest in the products and services of COFA Games. By accessing and playing any games created by COFA Games (Awakening of Heroes – AoH and Awakening of Towers – AoT), you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the most recent version of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not install, activate or use our services (“Service”).
This is a contract between you and COFA Games which applies to COFA Games products and services (including Awakening of Heroes and Awakening of Towers and any other games that we may release as part of this service in the future).
We reserves the right to revise these Terms at any time. If we do, we will post the modified Terms on this page and indicate the date of most the recent change above. You agree to read all notifications we send you and to periodically check this page for updates to these Terms.
Since AoH and AoT exist on the Facebook platform, any activities on Facebook beyond the scope of them are governed by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. You can find Facebook’s Statement of Rights here.
If you think that this Terms of Service is not complete in any respect, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com. If you do not do so within a reasonable period after you have started to use the Service, then you shall be considered to have agreed fully to the Terms of Service.
2. License to Play
Subject to compliance with these Terms, COFA Games is granting you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license to access AoH and AoT for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes only. You agree not to use AoH and AoT for any other purpose. If you violate any of these Terms, we reserve the right to terminate your license without notice. You may not transfer this license or give anyone else a license to use the Service in any way unless we first agree in writing.
3. Technical Requirements
By using the Service you agree that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required for its use. We accept no responsibility or liability for any failure of your system to meet the technical requirements of the Service as updated occasionally.
4. In-Game Currencies and Goods
In addition to any third party obligations, it the following shall apply. In no way can Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods be redeemed for “real world” money, goods, or other items of monetary value from any party. Transfers of Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods outside of our games are strictly prohibited. This means you may not buy or sell Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods for “real world” money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of our games.
You also agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final. No refunds will be given by our third party payments providers or COFA Games. Other than a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods in our games, you have no right in or title to such Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. In the event that your account is terminated or suspended for any reason, or in case that COFA Games discontinues its games, you forfeit any and all Virtual Currency and Goods. COFA Games has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify, and/or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and COFA games shall have no liability to you or anyone for the exercise of such rights.
5. Intellectual Property
The Service, including the graphics, user interface, audio clips and other content, contains proprietary information and material that is protected by intellectual property and other laws including but not limited to copyright. You acknowledge and agree that we own (or have a license to use) all of this proprietary information and material and that you may not use or exploit this proprietary information or material or provide this proprietary information or material to any person except as expressly permitted to do so by this Terms of Service.
6. User Generated Content
If you create any content for use with the Service (which we refer to with this agreement as “user generated content”), you are solely responsible and liable for that user generated content. We do not accept any liability or responsibly for user generated content, nor do we provide any support for it. Users of the Service create, download, install and use user generated content at their own risk.
In relation to any user generated content which you create or make available to other users, you agree to and comply with the following terms and conditions:
- Any part of the user generated content which comprises or incorporates any of our intellectual property rights remains our property.
- You must not in any way claim or suggest that any user generated content is endorsed, supported by, or affiliated with us.
- The user generated content must comply with all relevant legislation and must not contain any material which may be considered offensive, defamatory, illegal or which could cause any reputational loss or embarrassment to us.
- The user generated content must not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party.
- If you contravene any of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to suspend or permanently remove availability of your user generated content and to take any other steps which we consider appropriate.
If you encounter something you find objectionable and in violation of these Terms, you can bring it to our attention by contacting us.
7. User Code of Conduct
Your use of AoH and AoT is governed by certain rules (the “Code of Conduct”), maintained and enforced by COFA Games. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by this Code of Conduct. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and COFA Games reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of our games and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the user’s account. The Code of Conduct governs all aspects of your interaction with AoH and AoT, including but not limited to selecting your character name, posting messages to the Message Wall, interacting with other users, and otherwise accessing our games.
If COFA Games finds in its sole and exclusive discretion that you have violated the Code of Conduct, we can change or remove the violating item and/or suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Games.
You agree that your use of and conduct in AoH and AoT shall be lawful and you will not:
- transmit or post any content or language which, in our opinion is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;
- communicate or post any user’s personal information, including but not limited to another user’s address, phone number, e-mail address, or credit card number, without the use’s express written consent, except that a user may communicate his or her own personal information;
- violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party, or promote or constitute illegal activity;
- make improper use of COFA Games’ support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- disseminate, transmit, or attempt to upload viruses, Trojan horses, keyboard loggers, time bombs, adware, spyware, or any other malicious or invasive code of program;
- reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover any software (source code or object code) that COFA Games created to generate web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through our games;
- participate in any action that, in COFA Games’ sole and absolute opinion, results or may result in an authorized user of AoH and AoT being defrauded out of Virtual Currency or Virtual goods that the user has earned through authorized game play in our games;
Again, please be aware that any activities on Facebook beyond the scope of our games are governed by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which you can access here.
By accessing and using AoH and AoT, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old. If you are a minor over the age of 13, we recommend you seek consent from a parent or legal guardian before accessing our games.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account or access to any or all of our services at any time and for any reason. It is within our sole discretion and determination to terminate your account for what we deem to be a violation or reach of these Terms. In the event that we terminate or suspend your account, you will have no further access to your account or anything associated to it. As stated above, you will not be entitled to a refund of any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods acquired or developed during use of our services.
We do not make any warranties regarding the operation of the Service or that it will be uninterrupted or error free.